It is the mission of The Madison Group to focus on our company’s most valuable asset, our employees, and to advance the overall mission of the company to create great opportunities for our employees. We achieve this by striving to attract, develop, motivate, and retain a talented workforce. We encourage open communication and welcome employee input, opinions and suggestions.
The Madison Group Mission
At The Madison Group we provide technical knowledge and innovative solutions to analyze, optimize, and design our customer's plastic processes and parts. As we apply our skills, experience and advanced tools, we strive to provide our customers a responsible, high quality, and cost effective solution in a timely manner.
Senior Project Engineer, Simulation/CAE
The Madison Group has an opening for a Senior Project Engineer, with an emphasis on plastics processing and injection molding simulation. We are seeking a candidate with practical experience in the field of plastics engineering, within a design or manufacturing environment.
- This position is a customer-facing, growth-oriented role, where the individual is responsible for strengthening customer relationships and evaluating the growth and development of services to better serve our customers.
- The engineer will perform advanced injection molding simulations, using Autodesk Moldflow Insight, to evaluate the manufacturability of their plastic part designs, and offer solutions to help achieve the customer's objective. A successful candidate will be able to offer insight to customers on how the manufacturing process may be influencing the plastic part performance and cost.
- The individual must be resourceful, capable of researching and learning, and be able to solve problems and communicate solutions with minimal supervision. Communication in this position requires the capability of expressing complex problems in a simple manner to non-engineers. The engineer will also perform project management tasks and communicate with clients. This position requires a dynamic individual who can manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- This position requires leadership and execution of multiple challenging tasks both related to project execution and business development. The individual is expected to have the ability to perform these tasks with minimal guidance.
- BS/MS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Polymer Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering or related discipline from an accredited university.
- 5+ years of practical experience in the field of plastics engineering.
- 2+ years hands on experience with injection molding preferred.
- Demonstrates history of developing customer relationships.
- Needs to be passionate about his/her work, with a high energy level, strong work ethic, and internal drive for organizational and individual success.
- True desire to help customers solve problems and find solutions to their plastic product inquiries.
- Experience with plastics joining and assembly techniques desirable. (Welding, Adhesives, and Fasteners)
- 2+ years of project management experience.
- Demonstrates ability to complete assignments, meeting quality and time-oriented objectives.
- Hands-on experience with Autodesk Moldflow Insight or Equivalent Package is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Preferred certified Autodesk Moldflow Insight Analyst.
- Preferred experience with structural analysis of polymeric materials.
- Must be authorized to legally work/reside in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
Preferred Technical Abilities:
- In addition to a strong injection molding background, experience with LSR molding, thermoforming, extrusion, compression molding, or additive manufacturing desirable.
- Statistical Analysis Techniques. (Minitab, DOE Set-up and analysis, short run manufacturing SPC)
- Structural FEA experience.
- Thermoset material and processing experience.
Please submit application via email to Human Resources, and include resume, salary history, and plastics related experience/training.
No phone calls please.