Webinars Hosted by The Madison Group
Webinars and Events Outside TMG
More events coming soon...
Here is a short list of events that you just missed. If you are interested in having The Madison Group come and speak to your team, please feel free to Contact us
WEBINAR SERIES: FAILURE OF PLASTICS
Session 1: October 13, 2021 at 11:00am-Noon EDT
Session 2: October 14, 2021 at 11:00am-Noon EDT
Presenters: Jeffrey Jansen
This 2-part webinar series will cover a considerable range of topics important in understanding, diagnosing, and preventing plastic component failure. The most efficient and effective approach to plastic component failure is by performing a systematic failure analysis. Someone once said, "if you don't know how something broke, you can't fix it", and this certainly highlights the importance of a thorough understanding of how and why a product has failed. This webinar series will introduce the attendees to information they need to gain this understanding. The material covered will include:
- Essential knowledge of why plastic components fail,
- The five factors affecting plastic part performance,
- The process of conducting a failure investigation and methods for understanding how and why a product has failed,
- The importance of ductile-to-brittle transitions and their role in plastic component failure,
- The major plastic failure mechanisms,
- Failure analysis case studies.
Click here for more information on Session 1.
Click here for more information on Session 2.
UWM School of Continuing Education Fall Course
Plastic Part Failure: Analysis, Design, & Prevention
Dive into a broad range of topics essential to understanding and preventing plastic failure. The most efficient and effective approach to plastic component failure is performing a systematic failure analysis following scientific method. Someone once said, "If you don't know how something broke, you can't fix it," highlighting the importance of a thorough understanding of how and why a product has failed.
This course is designed for Engineers, Scientists, Technicians, and Managers who design, fabricate, and manufacture plastic components.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes:
- Learn the essentials of why plastic components fail;
- Understand the five factors affecting plastic part performance;
- Learn the process of conducting a failure investigation;
- Know the importance of ductile-to-brittle transitions and their role in plastic component failure;
- Understand how and why a product has failed;
- Explore approaches to more quickly respond to and resolve plastic component failure;
- Learn Methods and techniques to avoid future failures
Click here for more information and to register.
Plastic Datasheets: What They Do and Don't Tell Us
Society of Plastics Engineers
November 11, 2021 at 11:00am-Noon EST
Presenters: Jeffrey Jansen
UL Prospector lists tens of thousands of different plastic resins. When tasked with material selection, 99.44% of us turn to the typical property data sheet. Those of us who have been around a while are careful not to call it a "technical data sheet." What are the issues with the single point numbers listed? Why does that often lead to failed product? What should we be doing instead?
Click here for more information.