Polymer Molecular Weight Evaluation: Key to Material Choice, Methodologies, and Failure (2023)
April 20 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am CDT275EUR
Did you know that 25% of Plastic Failure issues are related to Molecular Weight ? Molecular weight (Mw) is key to understanding the entire Polymer Lifecycle i.e. Material Selection, Polymer Development, Addressing Failure, etc.
Jeffery A. Jansen, has a proven experience of 30 years in the field. He has active insight in solving issues and creating opportunities related to Polymeric Materials. In this course, he will help the participants with:
- Understanding the criticality of Molecular Weight(Mw) on the Molding Process and Performance.
- Choose the right measurement methods(GPC, SEC…) to help determine Mw.
- Getting insight on how Mw evaluation is a crucial investigating factor in polymeric material failure.
Instead of thinking and analyzing Mw, people often end up hiring expensive consultants. Much of the industry relies on melt flow indications listed on TDS for material selection. But, Mw can vary during polymerization of the material itself (variation in Mw distribution), and after molding (degradation). This can lead to immediate or later failure. Mw evaluation is critical for material stability and should be the starting point of each analysis. Join this course and:
- Go beyond technical data sheets and analyze Mw for better material selection.
- Understand the criticality of Mw on the molding process and performance of the plastics parts over time.
- Enhance your plastics part-design by understanding where MW can be altered during life cycle of the polymer.
Learn techniques & principles to test Mw by choosing the right measurement method (GPC, IV, MFR…).
Register here: Polymer Molecular Weight Evaluation: Key to Material Choice, Methodologies, and Failure